Chapter 21: Disobedience
If anyone is found to be murdered and the culprit is unknown, then the priests shall find the murderer and take him to be slain in the valley.
18-21 – If a son disobeys his parents, he shall be stoned to death.
22-23 – If anyone breaks the commandments he shall be hanged.
Chapter 22: Laws of Moses
- Lost Property, if you find something of your neighbors, then you shall hold on to it until your neighbors comes to claim it. This is very similar to lost property laws of the modern world.
- Wearing of Proper Clothes (verse 5): A woman shall not wear the clothing of a man, and a man shall not wear the clothing of a woman.
- Safety Railings: (verse 8): Installing safety railings, so that people don’t fall from your roof. If they do, then the blood will not be on your hands.
- Marrying a virgin: If a man take a woman to be his wife and finds out that she is not a virgin, then he shall take her before the gates of the city to get the tokens of her virginity. If it is proven that she is not a virgin, then she shall be stoned to death.
- If a man lie with another man’s wife, then both of them shall be stoned to death.
- If a man rape a woman, then the man shall be stoned to death.