Chapter 19: Commandments/ Laws of God
- Be holy as God is holy. (Leviticus 19:2)
- Keep the Sabbath day holy. (Leviticus 19:3)
- Do not worship idols or other gods. (Leviticus 19:4)
- When you make a sacrifice of peace offerings, it must be done under your own will. The meat from the offering must be eaten within two days or it is abominable before the Lord. (Leviticus 19:5-7)
- What we can learn here, is that sacrifices in the days of Moses meant sacrificing animals for Atonement of your sins. Today, after Jesus Christ took upon him our sins through Atonement we must confess our sins and do what we can to make a restitution of our sins. But if we do not do it with the right hear then it truly is abominable before the Lord.
- When you collect your harvest of grapes or any other harvest, you must collect most of them, but still leaving behind some that are not picked for the poor and the strangers passing through the land. (Leviticus 19:8-10)
- What we can learn here, is that since the days of Moses the Lord has put in some sort of Welfare program to help those in need.
- Do not steal. (Leviticus 19:11)
- Do not lie. (Leviticus 19:11)
- Do not swear by the name of God falsely. (Leviticus 19:12)
- Do not defraud your neighbor. (Leviticus 19:13)
- Do not curse the deaf. (Leviticus 19:14)
- Do not put a stumbling block before the blind. (Leviticus 19:14)
- Do not judge someone who is poor by disrespecting him. Do not honor someone just because they are rich or mighty. But with righteous judgment will you judge people. (Leviticus 19:15)
- It is not our place to judge, especially if we do not know someone. We might learn that someone who is poor, is a good person that fell into hard times and find that someone who is actually a respected individual has a closet full of dark secrets.
- Do not gossip. (Leviticus 19:16)
- Do not avenge nor bear any grudge against someone. (Leviticus 19:18)
- Do not eat anything with blood. (Leviticus 19:26)
- Do not cut or print on your skin. (Leviticus 19:28)
- Piercings and Tattoos. Think of it this way, your body is a temple, right? So therefore we should not modify it or put things on it that were not intended.
- Do not prostitute out your daughter, that she may become a whore. (Leviticus 19:29)
Chapter 20: Sexual Sins
The first 9 verses of Chapter 20 talk about not sacrificing children of the congregation of Israel to a superstitious man named Molech. The Lord is warning Israel once again about the dangers of worshiping false gods. The remainder of the chapter talks about Sexual Sins.
- If a man commit adultery he and the woman shall be put to death.
- If a man or woman commit incest in any form, those participating shall be put to death.
- If a man lie with another man; homosexuality in general both men shall be put to death.
- If a man or woman lie with an animal; bestiality in general then both the man and the beast shall be put to death.