Hebrews 9: Christ = The Mediator
Paul writes to the Hebrews and explains that in times of Old (the Old Testament) a priest would come into the Holy Tabernacle once a year to “atone” for the sins of the people. However, Christ came to Atone for the sins of the people with a far greater tabernacle, which was His own body, the very same body that He sacrificed and Atoned for us. In order for this Atonement to take effect, Jesus Christ had to die for the Testament. This is similar to “last will and testament”, which is only executed upon death of an individual. Because of this it was necessary for Jesus Christ to die for our sins. Those who follow Him; “…are called [to] receive the promise of eternal inheritance.” (Hebrews 9:15)
Paul explains the divine mission of Jesus Christ;
“…Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands… but into heaven itself…. Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the scone time without sin unto salvation.” (Hebrews 9:24;28) Therefore those who follow Jesus Christ will be given salvation when Jesus Christ returns for the Second time.
2 thoughts on “Hebrews 9”
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE BY STEVE FINNELL
I believe every word of the Bible. I believe every verse of Scripture. I believe everything God says in His book.
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE IS WHAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY.
I believed Jesus when He said, in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE, IS WHAT JESUS DID NOT SAY IN John 3:16.
1. Jesus did not say, sprinkling water on infants, is Christian baptism.
2. Jesus did not say water baptism precedes believing in Him.
3. Jesus did not say, to baptize unbelieving babies or unbelieving adults and then teach them to have faith at a later date. ( If you can baptized non-believing babies, then why not baptize non-believing adults?)
4. Jesus did not say, infants who have been sprinkled are part of His body.
5. Jesus did not say, men are saved by “faith only.”
6. Jesus did not say, men are saved by “grace alone.”
7. Jesus did not say, men are saved before they are baptized in water.
8. Jesus did not say, water baptism is just a testimony of the believers faith and has nothing to do with the forgiveness of sins.
9. Jesus did not say, God has selected a few men to be saved and has appointed all others to burn in hell.
10. Jesus did not say, men did not have to repent to have their sins forgiven.(Repentance means to make the commitment to turn from sin and turn toward God)
11. Jesus did not say, men do not have to confess Him, as the Son of God, in order to have their sins forgiven.
12. Jesus did not say that men do not have to confess Him as Lord and Savior in order to enter the kingdom of God.
13. Jesus did not say men do not have to believe in His death, His burial, and His resurrection from the grave in order to be saved.
14. Jesus did not say men will will be saved as long as they are sincere in what they believe.
15. Jesus did not say, I am just one of many ways to the Father.
16. Jesus did not say, there is not a literal hell where the lost will spend eternity.
17. Jesus did not say, you do not have to be born of water and Spirit in order to enter the kingdom of God.
18. Jesus did not say, God will give, those He selects for salvation, the faith to believe, so they can be saved.
19. Jesus did not say, speaking in tongues is evidence that men have been saved.
20. Jesus did not say, if you were on on your death bed and wanted to believe, but died before you believed that He would saved you anyway.
21. Jesus did not say, if you believed, but died before you had time to be baptized in water, that you would sill be saved.
22. Jesus did not say, water baptism is not essential to have your sins forgiven.
23. Jesus did not say, you can be saved without faith.
24. Jesus did not say, you can be saved without confessing Him.
25. Jesus did not say, you can have your sins forgiven without repentance.
26 Jesus did not say, water baptism is just an act of obedience.
27. Jesus did not say, all men are guilty of Adam’s sin.
28. Jesus did not say, everyone is guilty of original sin in the mothers womb.
29. Jesus did not say, infants are sinners.
30. Jesus did not say, we should pray to the Virgin Mary.
31. Jesus did not say, Peter was the first Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
32. Jesus did not say, when I return all the Jews and Gentiles who have rejected Me will get a second chance for salvation.
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE IS WHAT JESUS DID NOT SAY.
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE IS DOCTRINE NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE.
WHAT I DON’T BELIEVE IS MAN-MADE DOCTRINE.
(Scripture quote from : NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)
YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com
Cool, thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts. It is nice to see some contrasting thoughts. I would say that I agree with most your points. Well thought out! Thanks for sharing!