Revelation 6: The Sixth Seal: “The Signs of the Times”
The Lamb opens the seals, which open a series of visions before John;
- John sees a white horse, whose rider has a bow and a crown, and is a conqueror.
- John sees a red horse, whose rider brings war and conflict, and wields a great sword.
- John sees a black horse, whose rider has a pair of scales.
- John sees a pale horse, whose rider is Death, with power to kill by the sword, hunger and the beasts of the earth.
- John sees martyrs crying for vengeance. They are told to wait a while longer, until those destined for martyrdom complete their number.
- John sees a great earthquake; the sun becomes black, the moon red as blood. The stars fall to the earth. The rich and powerless flee, saying to the mountains and rocks; “…Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” (Revelation 6:16)